Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chocolate Oreo Wonders.

I love to bake for people. I know my family and Thomas can agree on that one. I'm always testing out new goods for people to try. I'm not much of an unhealthy eater (apart from candy) but i do love to bake extremely unhealthy desserts for my friends. I make all my goods out of love. I even make labels and put them neatly in baskets or jars with ribbon. I hope one day when I start my own cakes and desserts shop that you will all visit and test out my goodies.
Whenever I make these Oreo balls they are gone in seconds, literally. They are on high demand. Some people wondered if angels from heaven dropped them on earth because they were so good ha.

So without further ado, here is my recipe:
Oh and if you were wondering how I came upon this, I just figured cream cheese and chocolate work well so I thought I would make them into a truffle with Oreo's. I assume there will be a recipe of them somewhere else on the internet but i purely used my own initiative on this one so I have no reference :)


Ingredients:

  • 2 packets of Oreo's (use any flavour. Strawberries & cream were a hit)
  • 250g Spreadable Cream Cheese
  • 250g block of Creamy Milk Whittakers Chocolate (you can use any chocolate. Whittakers is just the best!)
  • Butter (for melting chocolate)
Method:

  • Mix the 2 packets of Oreo's in a food processor until finely crushed.
  • In a bowl mix together the cream cheese & processed oreo's.
  • When completely mixed together take mixture and roll into small balls and place them on a tray to chill in the freezer for 30 minutes. 
  • Once chilled, melt chocolate and butter in a pot until the chocolate has melted smoothly.
  • Dip the chilled Oreo balls in chocolate and place back on the tray ready to be chilled again for a further 30 minutes. Once chilled take them out and watch them disappear before your eyes.
So there we have it! Quick, easy and delicious!






If you do happen to make these, I would love to hear from you with a comment below or an email/facebook message :)

PS. Sorry I took SO long to post this and i am so sorry about the TERRIBLE grammar. I kind of rush these and do not proof read them. I can't say I listened that much in English class either. In fact, I drew pictures and talked most of the time. But I'll try fix what I can.




No comments:

Post a Comment